41. These days people who do manual work often receive ________than clerks who in offices.
A. far a lot of money B. far much money C. far more money D. far a great deal of money
42. These oranges are sold ________the dozen.
A. at B. for C. by D. of
43. They _______a meeting for Saturday night.
A. hoped B. having arranged C. deciding D. planned
44. They ______so that we wouldn’t recognize them.
A. costumed B. disguised C. were disguising D. were disguised
45. They _________a list of all the people interested in the idea.
A. took up B. drew up C. called up D. turned up
46. They __________for Japan tomorrow.
A. will be leaving B. will have left C. are left D. have left
47. They _______their appreciation of the speaker by giving him a round of applause.
A. showed B. gave C. awarded D. presented
48. They ________try to be here before the class starts.
A. would have B. should C. ought D. should have
49. They accused me _______lies.
A. of telling B. to tell C. to have told D. telling
50. They all laughed because the film was very __________.
A. amuse B. amusing C. amusement D. amused
51. When the violinist finished playing, the audience _______for five minutes.
A. shouted B. clapped C. kept silent D. opposed
52. When they could put ________the noise no longer, they banged on their neighbour’s door.
A. back B. in for C. off D. up with
53. When we are enjoying ourselves, time _______by very quickly.
A. goes B. does C. moves D. runs
54. When we get our tickets, ___________be marked “first class”.
A. it is to B. it will C. they were to D. they will
55. When will he begin to teach? __________he’s finished his training.
A. As soon as B. Until C. How that D. So long as
56. When you __________a picnic, remember to take some milk with you.
A. go for B. travel C. make D. run
57. When you ________your work, you may leave the room.
A. do B. did C. have done D. had done
58. When you _____, you can draw, write, compose music, or make something new.
A. make up B. create C. discover D. imagine
59. When you buy ______in a company, you buy a part of that company.
A. staff B. machines C. food D. stock
60. When you buy tickets for the concert __________, you buy them before the time and day of the concert.
A. in advance B. in before C. by advance D. ahead